Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Sturdy Shelf

I am in LOVE!!!
 I love this shelf so much I want to make about 10 of them just for myself.
My sister in law bought a shelf like this at a craft show last year and when I saw it at her house I knew I could build it.
The supplies for this project were…
2- 2x6x6
1- moulding at 6 ft.
5- hooks
optional- Kreg Jig and PH Screws

I first cut my 2x6's one at 4 ft and the other at 5 ft.  drilled holes to connect them with my Kreg jig and it was as sturdy as can be.  
Next I cut the moulding edges at 45 degrees and glued it to the bottom 2x6.  My moulding had a bow in it so I ended up using my Nail Gun also it keep it in place.  I filled the holes with filler and then started the painting.  After putting on a cream coat I decided I wanted to glaze it with a brown tint also.

To hang this shelf I used 2 Saw Tooth hook at 10" from each side.
To make sure I put the nails in the right spot on the wall I always put a dab of toothpaste on each hook.

 This would be a great front entry shelf to hold coats, backpacks or cute decorations.

 I'm using mine to hold my cleaning supplies and aprons so they aren't hanging out on the floor!


ENJOY! I hope you make some of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment