Thursday, April 10, 2014

As for me and my house

A friend I went to school with texted me a while ago and asked if I would maker her a sign with the scripture Joshua 24:14 on it and to make it out of pallet wood.  She sent me a picture of one she liked and I altered it a little bit to fit what we were looking for.
I wanted the sign to have a different length board for each line.  Who knew it would be so hard to find 2 pallets with the same kind of wood?  I built the base and coated it with Polyurethane so the grain would stand out.
This is the finished sign!  What do you think?

This was the base before I put the letters on.  I'm always amazed at how much of a difference a coat of Poly makes.

This was another base I made out of stained pine.  Now I just need to decide what I want to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment